Pecans + Bourbon Liqueur + Ice Cream = NomNomNommmnesss in my mouth and tummy! <3
I bought a Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment a couple of months ago and we have become best friends ever since! If you don’t know, us North Carolinian do love our pecans. We also have a love for bourbon….and with the summer heat and humidity, what better way to beat the sweating then with delicious Bourbon Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
This recipe is very easy so don’t be intimidated! Stop wasting money at the store when its soooo easy to DIY. Make yourself some ice cream today!!
1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans (add more if you like!)
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Organic Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Bourbon Vanilla Extract
1 oz Bourbon Liqueur(I used Benjamin Pritchard’s Sweet Lucy – Bourbon Cream Liqueur)
- In a small pan, dry roast the pecans for about 8 minutes over low heat until the oils are released. Set aside. While you are roasting the pecans, have a glass bowl in the freezer ready for the mixture.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of milk and heat it over medium heat. When the temperature rises, add both brown sugars and completely dissolve in milk. With your 2 beaten eggs in a measuring cup, take the milk and slowly add to the eggs (you don’t want to scramble them so be slow and whisk constantly!) Once combined, pour the mixture back in the pan and heat until about 160*.
- Cut the heat and remove the saucepan from the burner. Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and pour the mixture in while slowly whisking. Stir in your bourbon liqueur and vanilla extract as well. After it cools down in about 5 minutes, add the chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate overnight for the best quality ( I am impatient though so a couple hours works jusstttt fineee.)
- Grab your Ice-Cream Attachment and add the Ice Cream to the bowl and churn it for about 30 minutes.
- Put the Ice Cream in a quart container and place BACK in your freezer for 2 hours to have solid Ice Cream. If you are impatient, enjoy your soft serve!!
- Voila! You have yummy, homemade Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream. Mmmmmm
Please leave any questions that you may have or comments. I need feedback to grow so whatever you need, I am here to help. I truly hope you enjoy this recipe!